Modularism > Maximalism
Modular Summit's PBS.day: Keeping Crypto Decentralized is co-created by Flashbots, bringing together leading researchers such as Vitalik Buterin, Jon Charbonneau, Tarun Chitra, and more. Join us on July 21 at 2:00pm at Modular Summit as we navigate through the PBS design space from the elegant PEPC proposal to the latest version of the enshrined PBS (ePBS) design PTC.
- Shielded Data Availability on Celestia2023. July 2210:00Speakers:Adrian Brink
- Many chains, One Transaction: Democratizing Great Modular UX2023. July 2210:20Speakers:Maghnus Mareneck
- Panel: Rollups on Bitcoin2023. July 2210:35Speakers:Moderator: Eric Wall | Panelists: Sunny Aggarwal, Connor O'Hara, Cem Özer, John Light
- Modularity in Monetary Design2023. July 2211:15Speakers:Ethan Buchman
- Celestia architecture: the present and a glimpse into the future2023. July 2211:35Speakers:Ismail Khoffi
- Mesh Security2023. July 2211:55Speakers:Sunny Aggarwal
- Panel: Cosmos goes modular - Internet of Modular Blockchains2023. July 2212:15Speakers:Moderator: David Feiock | Panelist: Ethan Buchman, Zaki Manian, Ismail Khoffi, Jack Zampolin
- Lunch2023. July 2213:00
- Towards a Theory of MEV, Part II: Uncertainty2023. July 2214:00Speakers:Tarun Chitra
- Modularity, PBS and MEV - Freedom from the Bitcoin Mind Prison2023. July 2214:25Speakers:Zaki Manian
- Current State on Orderflow, Block Building & the Latency Game2023. July 2214:40Speakers:Danning Sui
- SUAVE - Turning Zero-Sum to Positive-Sum Game2023. July 2214:55Speakers:Robert Miller
- Ethereum PBS R&D Roadmap2023. July 2215:15Speakers:Mike Neuder
- Builders and More Advanced Forms of Aggregation2023. July 2215:40Speakers:Vitalik Buterin
As the Ethereum ecosystem starts taking scalability, privacy and account security more seriously, we start seeing the need for more advanced forms of "aggregation" when combining user operations into a block. So far, this has started to include ERC-4337 bundling with its aggregate signature feature, but in the future such aggregation will include proofs of L2 state, a single recursive SNARK replacing many application-layer SNARKs, and perhaps even state update proof bundling across different L2s. This will add more load to the builder ecosystem. I will talk about what kinds of aggregation we may end up seeing, and the challenges in creating standardized open mempools or maximally decentralized markets for performing this type of aggregation.
- PBS on L2s2023. July 2216:05Speakers:Georgios Konstantopoulos
- PBS-ifying Rollups: Prover-Sequencer Separation2023. July 2216:20Speakers:Toghrul Maharramov
- PBS across the layers - from L1 to L10002023. July 2216:35Speakers:Patrick McCorrey
- MEV-Garden: Cross-domain Markets with PBS and SUAVE2023. July 2216:50Speakers:Tomasz Stanczak
- Design Trade-offs in Proposals for Sequencer Decentralization2023. July 2217:05Speakers:Joe Andrews
- PBS on Shared Sequencing Layers and PBS design for Responsive Consensus Protocol2023. July 2217:20Speakers:Ben Fisch
In a shared sequencer layer for L2 rollups, proposer-builder separation can be leveraged to achieve strong interoperability of applications across rollups with economic safety. The second part of the talk focusses on PBS design in a decentralized sequencing layer that uses a responsive consensus protocol for fast-finality and thus has no fixed block time. It has some advantages and also presents some unique challenges.
- Exploring MEV Capture in Modular Systems2023. July 2217:35Speakers:Evan Forbes
Breaking the proposer monopoly for more sovereign MEV capture.
- Endgame: Proof of Governance2023. July 2217:50Speakers:Jon Charbonneau
The endgame for rollup sequencer decentralization.
- PBS Guild: An Open Treasure Map to Keep Crypto Decentralized2023. July 2218:05Speakers:Tina Zhen
- The End Game2023. July 2218:15Speakers:Mustafa Al-Bassam, Anatoly Yakovenko, Tarun Chitra
- Happy Hour2023. July 2219:00